San Antonio Collaborative Divorce Attorneys
A fairly recent concept known as “collaborative divorce,” is the process by which parties use mediation and negotiations to settle their divorce. Each spouse should have their own experienced collaborative divorce attorney to help work through the issues of divorce. A method known as “interest-based negotiation” is used to reach agreements that focus on individual and mutual goals. Theoretically, collaborative divorce offers a good alternative divorce process avoiding litigation, but the process is not exact, perfect, or by any means a guarantee. The process can fail if the parties can’t reach an agreement on everything. Allen & Roig, LLP practices collaborative divorce, and will work with you to determine if this is a suitable method for your case.
Pros of Collaborative Divorce
- Private & confidential conversations and strategies with your attorney
- Reaching a respectful resolution with less damage to the relationship
- May be more cost-effective and efficient
- Process is managed in the privacy of an office, not in a public courtroom setting
- Avoids a highly contentious divorce and damaging effects to children
Cons of Collaborative Divorce
- Process does not work for everyone
- Negotiations can still be difficult
- Time, effort, and resources can be wasted
- The outcome can become even more contentious if the process fails
Divorce Attorneys with Your Best Interests at the Forefront
The collaborative divorce process takes highly skilled legal experience. When this concept works, it can help all family members, even extended family, move forward and focus on the future in a more positive way. However, our firm recognizes that no matter how you look at it, divorce and family law matters are not easy to resolve. We always maintain a strong commitment to the best interests of the client, no matter how tough the negotiations can be. Allen & Roig, LLP is interested in you and your case and is prepared to meet with you to discuss the collaborative divorce process and help you decide if it would be a good option for you. Call (210) 377-2529 Today!